Using Adaptations for Improved Specially Designed Instruction: No Fee for CKEC Member Districts; $35 for Non-Member Districts
- Presenter: Charlotte Arvin
- Target Audience: Special education teachers, instructional coaches
- Description: This session is designed for special educators. Adaptations can be the key to improved student learning. Participants will explore options for adapting instruction that is specially designed for individual students. This exploration will support the use of practical instructional strategies and resources during designing and implementing specially designed instruction that will engage all learners in a small group or individual education setting. This training will provide examples from reading, math and behavior that could be applied in multiple settings; it is NOT for a specific content.
*The resources for the morning and afternoon session will be the same; the content will be presented with different focus. Please register for the session that corresponds with your certification.
- Effectively use resources to plan for intentional adaptations.
- Use adaptations to implement SDI that supports increase student learning.
- PGES Connections: 1e, 2b, 3c
Location: CKEC Training Center