Physical Activity Leader (PAL) Learning System Workshop: No Fee for CKEC Member Districts; No Fee for Non-member Districts
- Presenter: Jamie Sparks
- Target Audience: Physical Education teachers, classroom teachers, principals, district administrators, and parents
- Description: The Physical Activity Leader (PAL) Learning System is designed to develop and support Physical Education teachers, classroom teachers, principals, administrators, and parents who will champion an effort in their local schools/school district to ensure 60 minutes a day of physical activity for all school-age youth. The twelve-month PAL Learning System is a dynamic, action-focused initiative resulting in skilled individuals who will initiate tailored plans of action in their respective school settings.
The PAL Learning System begins with a one-day in person leadership workshop. PALs leave with:
- *The formula and tools for making sustainable change and shifting the culture of physical education and physical activity in their community.
- *Data to clearly communicate and make the case for a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program (CSPAP).
- *Leadership skills to engage colleagues and the community in support of implementing 60 minutes a day of physical activity for school-aged youth.
- *A personalized implementation and action plan.
- *The ability to demonstrate the effectiveness of site-selected CSPAP components.
- PGES Connections: 1B, C, D, E, F; 3A, C, D, & E
Location: Northeast Christian Church