Peer Observation Training (PM): No Fee for CKEC Member or Non-Member Districts
- Presenter: Amy Jacobs
- Target Audience: Special education teachers, instructional coaches. ALL teachers and other professionals who will be a peer observer or be receiving a peer observation. Encouraged for principals to attend to learn how to support their teachers.
- Description: This learning focuses on building effective peer interactions through the use of collegial conversations grounded in the Kentucky Framework for Teaching and Specialist Framework. Peers will know how to engage in conversations that lead to actionable feedback – helping educators continue their professional growth. KDE staff will conduct the revised peer observer training in a face-to-face format and engage participants through the use of multiple facilitators, electronic presentations, and group activities.
Who should attend?
- All educators interested in learning about the peer observation process in the Professional Growth and Effectiveness System.
- Teachers and other professionals who may be serving as a peer observers.
- Principals or other building and district leadership to learn how best support educators in the peer observation process.
- Anyone with the responsibility of facilitating the training of peer observers in the district or school.
Certificate: This training allows participants to renew their peer observation certification or gain initial peer observation certification. Administrators in attendance will receive 3 hours of EILA credit. It is recommended that districts offer educators three hours of Professional Development credit for attendance and completion of this training.
- PGES Connections: Newly revised training for the Peer observation element within PGES.
Location: CKEC Training Center