Kids in Poverty Learn Differently!: Instructional Practice that Makes a Difference: No Fee for CKEC Member Districts; $35 for Non-Member Districts
- Presenters: Laura Smith, Christina Krantz & Charlotte Arvin
- Target Audience: General education teachers, Special education teachers, Instructional Coaches, Principals, Counselors
- Description: What can you do for a student living in poverty? You can create a supportive learning environment that enables hope to shine into the student’s world! This supportive environment can be established through intentional instructional practices and use of strategies. Come join us for this professional learning opportunity to help change the lives of some of your most struggling students!!
- Exploration of and planned intentional use of strategies to improve learner achievement of students living in poverty.
- Improved understanding of learner difficulties of students living in poverty.
- Knowledge and understanding of strategies to improve college and/or career readiness.
- PGES Connections: 1b, 2d, 3a, 3c, 4c
Location: CKEC Training Center