Diagnosing/Treating Articulation/Phonological Disorders in the Schools: $35 for CKEC Member Districts; $70 for Non-Member Districts
- Presenter: Dr. Lonnie Harris
- Target Audience: Speech/Language Pathologists, Speech/Language Pathologist Assistants
- Description: This presentation will cover the use of two research-based articulation screening tools, correcting the difficult /r/, treatment of the frontal and lateral lisps, nonspeech oral motor exercises (NSOME), common phonological processes, and phonological treatment. Data collection and managing group therapy will also be addressed.
1. Attendees will be able to explain evidence against nonspeech oral motor exercises in therapy.
2. Attendees will understand the characteristics of common phonological processes.
3. Attendees will be able to determine appropriate targets for articulation and phonological treatment.
4. Attendees will be able to treat common developmental and nondevelopmental phonological processes.
- PGES Connections: 1a, 1b, 4e
Location: Northeast Christian Church