Content Area Vocabulary Signs: Signing in the Mainstream Classroom & Application of Conceptual Signing : No Fee for CKEC Member Districts or Non-Member Districts
- Speaker: Meena Mann, Ed.S Outreach Consultant
- Target Audience: Educational interpreters and anyone working with deaf/hard of hearing students are encouraged to attend.
- Description: Educational Interpreters and educators of the deaf/hard of hearing are faced with a variety of challenges daily. One challenge being faced is how to sign core content material in order to ensure comprehension and retention of content material being taught. This workshop will focus on:
- The use of space and classifiers when singing to convey content conceptually
- Utilize key terms and concepts using American Sign Language
- Gain confidence in American Sign Language
- Expand vocabulary signs
- Presentation language: ASL with English/voice interpreting will be provided. If any other accommodations are needed please complete the box below and submit by Nov. 14th. Questions: Please contact Misty Adams at Misty.email@example.com CEUs have been requested.
Location: CKEC Training Center