8/25/2020 ARC Chairperson Role and Responsibility
EILA approval for 3 hours for self-paced and 3 hours for follow-up zoom session
This training consists of two components.
- Self-paced learning component that will be sent via email to participants by Friday Aug. 7. The self paced module must be completed prior to the Aug 25 Zoom Session.
- Larger group follow-up Zoom session on Tuesday, Aug 25 from 9:00- 12:00
This professional learning opportunity is designed to improve the knowledge and skills in the practice of chairing a special education Admissions and Release Committee (ARC) meeting.
Session outcomes are:
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of members of an ARC
- Identifying the components of the four types of ARC meetings
- Compiling a professional toolkit of skills required to effectively facilitate an ARC meeting
This training is a hybrid training. There will be a self-paced component as well as a virtual trainer led component. A link to the self-paced materials will be sent to participants by Aug 7, 2020. The link to the virtual trainer led component will be sent to the participants a week before the training. The virtual component will be from 9:00 – 12:00 on Tuesday, Aug 25. Questions about the session should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org