6-19 and 6-20-17 IEP Meeting Facilitation- No fee for Member Districts, $100 for Non Member Districts
Data show that school districts that use a facilitated IEP process have more productive and less stressful IEP meetings, as well as an overall decrease in special education legal disputes. This workshop will provide participants 2 days of education in IEP facilitation and its legal benefits within a small interactive learning environment.
The workshop will provide strategies to:
- Prevent conflict at IEP meetings
- Manage strong emotions from team members
- Have productive and meaningful dialogue focused on the student
- Design and use an effective and legally complaint IEP agenda
- Avoid legal disputes by using facilitative behaviors and processes
During the 2 days, participants will receive practice and coaching through role play in facilitating an IEP meeting.
Location: CKEC Training Center